Application for Junior Infants
Parents/guardians wishing their child’s name to be placed on a list for prospective entry to the school must complete a Notification of Intention to Apply form. These are available from the school office or by telephone request on 01-6267774. You can also request a form by emailing the school at [email protected], or download PDF version at the bottom of this page.
- Pupils must have reached the age of four years by 1st September of their proposed year of entry. This date may be subject to change by the BOM from time to time. Pupils should not be sent to school if they are not ‘ready’.
- Forms must be fully completed, signed and dated.
- Notice of Intention to Apply forms must reach the school by the third Friday in October in the year prior to the child’s proposed enrolment in the school (eg Notification of Intention to Apply for Enrolment forms for entry to Junior Infants 2019 must be received by the third Friday in October 2018)
- The completion of an Intention to Apply to for Enrolment form is NOT a guarantee of an offer of a place in the school.
- In the December prior to the child’s proposed date of entry to the school, an Application Form is sent by post to those who have completed a Notification of Intention to Apply for Enrolment form. Application forms must be fully completed and returned to the school by the closing date as stipulated on the accompanying letter. The closing date is usually between 10 and 14 days after the application forms are sent out. A copy of the child’s birth certificate and baptismal certificate (if applicable) and any relevant reports must also be included with the Application Form.
Application Procedure for Pupils in Classes other than
- Parents wishing to enrol their children in classes from
Senior Infants to 6th Class, follow the procedure set out below:If the child is to attend school immediately: Fill in an Application for Enrolment form. The school will reply to the application within 21 days of receiving same. Application form is available by telephone or email request or download PDF version at the end of this page.If the child is to attend school at a later date: Fill in Notice of Intention to Apply for Enrolment form. Applications will be considered in the weeks before the proposed start date.Provide the most recent written report from the child’s previous school.
- Supply reasons for transfer, in writing.
- Furnish information in regard to the child’s educational needs or special educational needs, if any. Failure to do this, knowingly, will invalidate the application and any subsequent offer of a place in the school.
- The above are brief guidelines for enrolling your child at St Laurence’s NS. Please refer to our ‘ENROLMENT POLICY AND PROCEDURES’ document for full and comprehensive admission procedures. This can be found on under the heading ‘School Policies’ on the school’s homepage.
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD NOTIFICATION OF INTENTION TO APPLY FOR ENROLMENT FORM
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM