St Laurence's National School, Chapelizod
INK FREE NEWS
Term 1 Update
We have certainly had a very busy few weeks since coming back to school!
We are delighted to welcome six new Junior Infants and one new member of 3rd Class to our school community this year. Everyone has been settling in well and we are looking forward to lots of fun in friendships new and old this term.
We are so pleased that we were able to brighten up the laneway by the entrance to the school with our wonderful artwork, inspired by the flora and fauna of our local area. A huge thank you to Mark Kelly for putting this all together for us, we hope you'll agree it looks fantastic.
- Our Harvest Service is happening on Sunday October 13th and we look forward to getting together for some refreshments (very kindly provided by the Parents Association) in the school afterwards.
- Our 4th, 5th and 6th class pupils will be travelling to Christchurch for our Diocesan Service on the 17th, and the Senior Room are also excited to be taking part in the Peace Proms this year. Lots of singing practice for us in the weeks ahead!
- Also coming up is Maths Week, and we plan to take all pupils on a Maths Trail around the Phoenix Park, if the weather permits. 5th and 6th class pupils have the opportunity to attend a Maths Workshop at Trinity College during this week as well.
- The children have been working hard on their entries for this year's Credit Union Art competition - we wish them all the best with their efforts. Gaeilge has also been a focus, with our Gaeilge Assembly and Gaeilge Buddy Reading established now to take place once a month, and the pupils being encouraged to use their Irish informally around the school. Go n-éirí leo!
- Science Club continues every Friday after school, and a big thanks is due to the parents who volunteer their time to help facilitate this. We look forward to hearing about many more exciting experiments happening over the coming term!